Welkom op het Baby Prikbord, een forum voor alles over babies.

Banner
Voorstellen is verplicht binnen 2 dagen na registratie!
door chenyan94 do 14 maart 2019, 04:25
NEW YORK (AP) Jimmy Vesey’s first career hat trick came at a good time for the struggling Rangers.Vesey scored three times Michael Del Zotto Jersey , Mats Zuccarello had two goals and New York beat the Carolina Hurricanes 6-3 on Monday night.”It’s something you definitely want to accomplish,” Vesey said. ”I was just saying I remember it took me all four years in college to get one. It’s nice to have one.”Everyone dreams when they are a kid of scoring the big goal or scoring a hat trick. I think it’s something I will always remember, so it’s a great feeling.”Vladislav Namestnikov also scored for the Rangers, who ended a three-game losing streak and earned their first home win since Feb. 9. Pavel Buchnevich and Mika Zibanejad each had three assists.Backup goalie Alexandar Georgiev made 41 saves for his second win of the season.Georgiev made a key pad save on Sebastian Aho late in the third period to preserve the lead.”I knew they were coming hard,” Georgiev said. ”It’s just instinct how I stretched that pad.”Teuvo Teravainen, Lee Stempniak and Victor Rask scored for the Hurricanes. Scott Darling, who has struggled in his first season with Carolina, made 17 stops.Tied at 3 in the third, Vesey took a loose puck at the left faceoff circle and wristed a high shot past Darling at 12:15.”That’s where I was going Sam Gagner Jersey ,” Vesey said. ”I had a shot from a similar angle in the first period and I kind of misfired and put it lower than I wanted. I was definitely trying to go high blocker and just fortunately it went in.”Zuccarello added an empty-netter at 17:23 for his 14th of the season and the 100th of his career, and Vesey capped his hat trick with an empty-netter in the final minute for his 15th goal this season.The Rangers extended their home winning streak against Carolina to 15 games, dating to Jan. 5, 2011. The streak is the longest for the Rangers against one opponent in franchise history. The Rangers also have won 24 of their past 28 games overall against the Hurricanes.The Hurricanes have struggled with three wins in their past 12 games as they fade from the Eastern Conference playoff race.”We are in a hole right now,” Stempniak said. ”We still think we are going to make the playoffs and we believe we can, but it gets harder with each loss. We have to put this one behind us, get ready tomorrow for a very good Boston team, and start getting wins and collecting points.”It was Carolina’s second game since Hall of Famer Ron Francis was moved from general manager to a new role as the team’s president of hockey operations. New owner Tom Dundon plans to hire a new GM who will report directly to him.With the Hurricanes on the power play, Rask tied it for the third time when he skated to a loose puck at the top of the zone and beat Georgiev for his 13th at 8:23 of the third period.Tied at 2 in the second period Womens Devante Smith-Pelly Jersey , the Rangers took the lead with a quick power-play goal. Just 6 seconds after Noah Hanifin was sent off for slashing, Buchnevich had his shot from just inside the blue line deflected in by Namestnikov at 11:51.It was Namestnikov’s 22nd goal of the season and his second as a Ranger since coming over in the deal that sent Ryan McDonagh and J.T. Miller to Tampa Bay at the trade deadline.Buchnevich also had a nice play earlier in the period. He won a faceoff deep in the Hurricanes’ zone and drove to the net before sending a pass to Vesey, who scored on a wrist shot at 1:52.”He (Buchnevich) didn’t tell me anything,” Vesey said. ”So once I saw him go forward, their D’s stick kind of stopped the puck a little bit and it was a quick 2-on-1. I just tried to get open and he made a great play.”The Hurricanes rallied again. Stempniak jumped on a rebound and beat Georgiev for his second goal of the season at 7:48.The Rangers opened the scoring about halfway through the first period. Neal Pionk’s shot from the right point missed the net and took a friendly bounce off the end boards to Zuccarello, who beat Darling stick-side at 9:06.Zuccarello extended his goal-scoring streak to three games.The Hurricanes answered 5 1/2 minutes later. Aho entered the Rangers zone and sent a quick pass to Teravainen, who immediately sent a return pass to Aho. Aho shot it on net and Teravainen sent the rebound past Georgiev for his 20th of the season.NOTES: The Hurricanes re-assigned F Valentin Zykov to the American Hockey League’s Charlotte Checkers. The 22-year-old Zykov, who leads the AHL with 30 goals, did not appear in any games since his recall on Sunday. … Zuccarello has a point in 15 of his past 19 games against Carolina. … Rangers D Tony DeAngelo left because of an ankle injury. Coach Alain Vigneault said DeAngelo will get an MRI on Tuesday.UP NEXTHurricanes: Host Boston on Tuesday night.Rangers: Host two-time defending champion Pittsburgh on Wednesday night.— LAS VEGAS (AP) Their story had been too good http://www.officialcanucks.com/authentic-adidas-sven-baertschi-jersey , their season way too magical.Then the script was suddenly flipped. And the storybook ending the Vegas Golden Knights had desperately hoped for became a story of another kind for the Washington Capitals.Two goals in the third period gave the Caps their first Stanley Cup title, ending 43 years of futility and sending a surprisingly large contingent of red-clad Washington fans into a frenzy. They stood and cheered as the Caps passed the Stanley Cup around, enjoying a scene that up to now no Las Vegas tourist had ever imagined.A few minutes earlier, thousands of Knights fans were on their feet cheering for their team. The game was over, but ”Go Knights Go” reverberated through the arena on the Las Vegas Strip.Both teams had something to celebrate. But only Washington would be drinking out of the Stanley Cup.”When you get this close to the cup it’s hard,” Vegas goalie Marc-Andre Fleury said. ”It doesn’t happen too often. It’s very disappointing.”An inaugural season like no other ended on a bittersweet note for an expansion team like no other. The first major sports team in this gambling city bucked the odds until the end, but in the end this was Washington’s championship to win.It was the Caps who won every playoff series coming from behind. It was the Caps who found a way to win in the third period when things seemed to be going the Knights way.”We got angry and mean,” Washington coach Barry Trotz said. ”Even when they got an extra timeout when the clock broke our guys were like, we got this. There’s not a chance they will score.”It was the Knights Alex Tuch Jersey Kids , though, who bonded with a city and thrilled fans who before October began knew little more about hockey than it was the fastest game on ice.They played into June, this collection of Golden Misfits, something no one could have imagined for a team that barely had any players a year ago. The temperature outside was close to 100 degrees for Game 5 but hockey worked in the desert and it worked in a city where you don’t have to go far to place a bet on the team.And the bet is that this is a franchise that won’t have to wait 43 years to raise a Stanley Cup of its own.”We came up short but I’m sure in a few days we’ll come up with a lot of positives about the season,” defenseman Deryk Engelland said. ”Right now it’s the worst feeling ever. You never want to lose any game, but especially at this point.”A season that began somberly in the wake of the massacre of 58 people just down the street from the T-Mobile Arena ended 102 games later with a community continuing to heal and a team that far exceeded expectations on and off the ice.It was Engelland who stood before the crowd at the first home game and told them, ”We are Vegas strong,” a message that carried over on the ice. The Knights won their division, and were 12-3 in the playoffs coming into the Final http://www.officialknightsproshop.com/authentic-adidas-brad-hunt-jersey , confounding the hockey experts at every turn.When they won the first game of the series it looked like the tale of an expansion team and its city would soar to new levels. But the Caps came back to win four straight, including the 4-3 win that capped off their own improbable run.”No one gave us a chance from the start,” said forward David Perron. ”I thought when I got picked in the draft that Vegas would be a fun place to be but the team wouldn’t do much. It’s been a great ride.”While the Capitals were enjoying a lengthy postgame celebration on the ice, the Knights filtered through a somber locker room, talking softly about great times and a painful ending. On the verge of doing something historic, they lost their way and the price to pay for it was another team passing the Cup around on their ice.”It was a phenomenal year and in a couple days we’ll think about that,” Knights coach Gerard Gallant said. ”Every day was fun for us.”A magical season, yes. But it also won’t be long before the reality sinks in that teams just don’t get to the Stanley Cup Final every year.All the Knights had to do was look at the team celebrating on the ice to understand that.—-Tim Dahlberg is a national sports columnist for The Associated Press. Write to him at tdahlberg(at)ap.org or http://twitter.com/timdahlberg